New Year, New You Challenge
We are coming up on the new year and this time of year is a time for reflection, assessment and planning for 2017.
What are you grateful for having happened in 2016? What did you accomplish? What relationships did you create or make stronger? How much fun did you have? How are you a better person now than you were in January 2016?
What goals did you fail to meet in 2016? What would benefit your life going forward? What habits would you like to adopt going forward? What is your action plan for getting there? Who could you ask for help?
This is a lot to think about! It can be overwhelming and even discouraging if you did not accomplish everything you wanted to in 2016.
One of the reasons that people fail to meet their New Years Resolutions is that they set a goal, but neglect a critical step; Having a plan.
For instance, many people set weight loss goals. They decide that they are going to lose 30 pounds in the new year. They make broad claims like they are going to start working out and eating better.
That’s not specific enough!
What type of exercise are you going to do? How many times per week? What is a template for how your meals will look? How will you know how much food you should be eating? Who is going to hold you accountable? How much sleep are you going to get?
If you want to make your dream for 2017 a reality, you have to be very specific with your plan and you have to stick to it all year long. The first 3 months of the year are crucial if you want to meet your goal. By the end of March, most people have already given up on their goal because they didn’t have a plan that they consistently followed.
Because we know that the first 3 months of the New Year are crucial for success and we know the importance of having a plan, we are introducing the New Year, New You Challenge!
New Year, New You Challenge
How it works
It’s a 90 day challenge with incentives. It will begin Jan. 2, 2017 and end April 3, 2017. There will be 2 groups; 1) a Body Recomposition Group and 2) a Performance Group. Each participant from each group will put $50 into a pot. The body recomp group will have their own pot and the performance group will have their own. The winners from each group will claim the money in the pot at the end of 90 days.
- Body recomposition group
- The person that loses the highest percentage of their starting body weight after 90 days takes the pot. (If you start out at 200 pounds and you lose 20 pounds during the program, you will have lost 10% of your starting body weight).
- Each person gets a free nutrition quick start guide that will provide a starting nutrition plan to help you reach your goal. If you want to really dial it in, sign up for our CFMC Nutrition Coaching Program.
- Initial measurements and weigh in on day 1 and final measurements and weigh in on day 90.
- There will also be weigh ins and measurements taken at around day 30 and day 60 to track progress.
- Performance group
- Each person sets a challenging performance goal that is approved by a coach. This goal is individualized to them. It could be getting your first muscle up, lifting a certain amount of weight, getting a PR on a workout, etc. The only requirement is that it must be deemed challenging, but capable of achieving. Your coach can help you set this goal.
- Each person gets individualized extra credit programming to help them reach their goal if needed (extra 15-20 min of work/session).
- Each person that reaches their goal is thrown into a hat and entered into a drawing to win the pot.
- There will be test days along the way in order to see how close you are to reaching your goal.
Our goal with this program is to provide motivation and momentum during the new year. We want to help you create a plan that will help you reach your goal and stick to it. Our hope is that once you have achieved your 3 month goal, you take the habits you learned during this challenge and continue creating a healthy lifestyle for the rest of the year.
If you would like to sign up for the program, send us a message here: http://crossfitmilescity.com/contact-us/
Or, write your name along with which group you want to enter on the sign up sheet at the gym.
We look forward to helping you reach your goals!
2016 12 22